Sunday, June 14, 2009

My life in Ruins

Ok so not really, but I did just go see that movie and thought it was really cute. I recently read an article about the main actress, Nia Vardalos, who has lost 40lbs talks about peoples obsession with weight, especially in Hollywood. The article found at here made me laugh, because I am too obsessed with my own weight, but at least in a healthy way. Her remarks over female oriented movies made me laugh, I was even thinking about this as I biking (yep, for exercise) this am. In a summer of blockbusters such as Star Trek (loved it!), Wolverine (meh) and Terminator Salvation (shoot me now) I was surprised to see a "chick flick" opening at the theater. I loved My Big Fat Greek Wedding and was very excited to see this movie, the 5 other people in the movie theater including my husband must have thought so too. Of course my husband only went cause I asked him, but he still laughs at all the funny parts. He is a good man. It was campy and cute and having gone and seen many big "action-packed" movies all ready and with many more coming out (Transformers anyone?) It was a nice break in between. I especially enjoyed the portrayal of American Tourists, that never gets old. Of course the best American Tourists ever was in "A Good Year" with Russel Crowe at the French Cafe scene. I laughed so hard I cried at that one.
But alas I am getting off my topic of weight. Today is my weigh in day and after going out last night and having a lovely salad with a light dressing (on the side of course) and....three light beers (I love the beer at Titanic and it was all within my point value) plus my ice cream cone (I walked 2 miles to get that!) I felt a little guilty stepping on the scale (which is my Wii Fit) but was happy to see that I lost a total of 2.4lbs this week!
Current Weight
170.6 (still yikes but not so bad)

I feel better and more resolved and took that attitude with me to the store where I only purchased healthy snacks and I didn't eat that whole bag of popcorn at the movies. At least I don't put butter on it.

So begins my second week and I might have had a couple of slip ups, but it wasn't so bad in the end. I am not going to let that derail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment