So I guess I should give a brief overview of my blog name since I can not do anything but listen to my dogs bark as the plumber rips apart my one bathroom in my little cottage.
This should be pretty simple, I grew up on frozen food and diet coke. All the kids with the home cooked family sit around the tables are so lucky! My dinners were of the lean cusine or some other brand of frozen food, and when I got old enough it also consisted of frozen pizza rolls. My parents worked very hard for everything they did, but that meant a lot of sacrifices at home, including family dinners. The few times we ate together as a family was when we where in NC and dined on our stable of spaghetti or hot dogs. We didn't even drink water or juice. The only thing we had in our fridge was diet coke. It is my drug. I remember one time asking to get some bottle water for a road trip and my father laughing at me. That is just how it goes.
The first time I did WW, I did super well losing 25lbs with my best friend Katie, but I was eating mostly frozen diet meals. I burned myself out. Couldn't even buy a frozen pizza for months after that. So I went and had the real thing and hence were I am now.
So I am trying to do this without burning myself out of the frozen meals. Even now I find myself drifting to the frozen meal section of Publix and shaking my head. The hardest part about this I have no "stop" botton. If I cook, I cook for 10 people because being the youngest of seven children that is how I was taught to cook and I eat enough for 4 people at least. Frozen meals are simple and potioned controled pop in the microwave no tempting leftovers to deal with, but it gets old fast. So another one of my little goals is to cook right and just enough so I don't burn myself out again. Tonight I am going to make Fish and Chips. I know! The horror! You are on a diet I know. But that is what I love about WW, they have all this great recipies that I can use, and it took me forever to learn this, but I love to cook. There are some tempting reasons to find myself barefoot in front of a hot stove with delicious things bubbling up at me. I am so excited to start take my Hospitality cooking classes at FIU in the fall so I can really start cooking, but for now I purchased the WW cookbook and will slowly cook my way though that. I will only eat a frozen meal for lunch and then only 3 times a week. Everything esle will be fresh not from the freezer homemade and yummy.
So maybe I shouldn't have purchased all of those frozen meals....but they were on sale....I am going to go eat some carrots, without the ranch dressing because not only are the better for me that way, but taste (who am I kidding) better too ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel so special that I was mentioned! Dude, I remember taking 12 weeks to lose 20lbs myself with you. Then I had to go off and get married and move away from Tally. I was overconfident and went of the program and gained it all back. I've been there!!! It took me four months after being married to realize I couldn't do it without WW and joined again in Nov. '06. That time around it took me 10 months to lose the exact same 20lbs again. 12 weeks vs. 10 months. Needless to say, it was extremely disheartening. But I know you can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteI think the thing that stuck out in my mind the most was the name tag that all the WW employees got to wear saying how much weight they lost and when they lost it. I remember thinking that I wanted that for myself someday.